Fortune reveals it in its updated list of the highest paid CEOs in the terraqueo globe. In 2021 he received compensation equal to 23.5 billion dollarslargely due to sale of 10% of Tesla shares last November after the now famous Twitter poll.
NOTE: Fortune 500 took into account the compensation of 280 CEOs, calculated on the basis of: salaries and bonuses, stock grants, incentives, stock options. Options not exercised were not considered as they were “unpredictable”. The average compensation of CEOs is $ 15.9 million, + 30% compared to 2020 and 351 times higher than the salary of an average worker (Economic Policy Institute data).
Nor should it be too surprising that the 10 highest paid CEOs in the world in 2021 belong all to the tech and biotech sectors. Let’s see who it is, Elon Musk aside that he is firmly in first place.
- Elon Musk (Tesla): $ 23.5 billion.
- Tim Cook (Apple): $ 770.5 million. Detached from Elon Musk, Apple’s CEO has earned as soon as $ 770.5 million in 2021 between base salary, stock and other compensation and share contribution of a ten-year package received in 2011.
- Jensen Huang (NVIDIA): $ 561 million. NVIDIA’s co-founder and CEO earned $ 507 million in stock.
- Reed Hastings (Netflix): $ 453.5 million. Largely stock options, “only” 50.8 million from the base salary.
- Leonard Schleifer (Regeneron Pharmaceuticals): $ 452.9 million.
- Marc Benioff (Salesforce): $ 439.4 million.
- Satya Nadella (Microsoft): $ 309.4 million. He was also named “the most underrated CEO“for the sixth consecutive year.
- Robert A. Kotick (Activision Blizzard): $ 296.7 million. The company was bought by Microsoft earlier this year, but the deal is still a long way off.
- Hock E. Tan (Broadcom): $ 288 million.
- Safra A. Catz (Oracle): $ 239.5 million.