THE Sony A90K OLED TV, announced at CES 2022, are preparing to land on the Italian market. On the official website the list prices have appeared, absent until today. The series is made up of two smaller cuts, direct heirs of the A9 televisions: we are talking about a 48 “ which runs alongside the 42 “ introduced this year. The equipment and features place the A90K on the high end: it is no coincidence that Sony defines these products Master Seriesa wording reserved for the most performing models.
The panels are OLED WRGB with Ultra HD resolution and refresh rate a 100/120 Hz. Video processing is entrusted to Cognitive Processor XR, the electronics introduced last year and created as an evolution of the previous X1 Ultimate (here we explain all the news of the 2022 versions). Obviously there is no lack of support a HDR in formats HDR10, HLG And Dolby Vision. For audio we find instead the Dolby Atmos and proprietary technology Acoustic Surface Audio +which uses actuators to generate sound by vibrating the screen.
The “smart” functions are entrusted to Google TV with AirPlay And Google Assistant, can also be used without the remote control thanks to the microphones integrated into the body of the TV. The A90K are compatible with the BRAVIA CAMthe optional webcam that allows you to make video calls, interact with gesture commands and also enableAmbient Optimization Procapable of adjusting audio and video according to the conditions in the environment.
We conclude with the design: Sony talks about One Slate with a metal frame flush with the screen. The pedestal offers two mounting possibilities for both cuts: you can install the base in contact with the lower side, for an aesthetically more satisfying solution, or with the TV raised higher, in order to make room for a soundbar.
Below is a summary of the main features and prices:
- 42 “and 48” Master Series TVs
- WRGB OLED panels with Ultra HD resolution
- Cognitive Processor XR
- XR OLED Contrast Pro and Triluminos Pro
- Acoustic Surface Audio +
- BRAVIA Core with calibrated mode
- Acoustic Center Sync
- HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
- 2 HDMI 2.1 inputs at 48 Gbps compatible with Ultra HD at 120 Hz, eARC, ALLM and VRR
- BRAVIA CORE with Calibrated Mode
- Optional BRAVIA CAM and Ambient Optimization Pro
- Hands-free microphones integrated into TVs
- Google TV
- Auto HDR Tone Mapping and Auto Genre Picture Mode with PS5
- New premium remote control
- Dual base mounting options: standard setting, to focus on the image, or raised stand, to make room for a soundbar
- XR-42A90K (42 “): 1,899 euros
- XR-48A90K (48 “): 1,999 EUR